DBRS is a recognized, international rating agency, providing timely and comprehensive rating opinions to the world’s capital markets. Privately owned and independent, DBRS offers in-depth credit analysis of corporate, financial institutions, and government issues in North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America. DBRS's extensive coverage of structured finance and securitization has solidified its standing as a leading provider of comprehensive, in-depth credit analysis.
DBRS is headquartered in Toronto, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, Madrid and Frankfurt and covers entities worldwide.
To support its Global Compliance Program, DBRS is seeking a Compliance Analyst in its Frankfurt Office. The Compliance Analyst will assist the Global Compliance function in developing, implementing and managing the DBRS’s compliance framework.
This role will be part of the Global Compliance team – with other members working in Toronto, New York, Madrid and London. The Compliance analyst will be a generalist compliance professional with jurisdictional responsibility as a local compliance resource for the DBRS Frankfurt office reporting to the Head of European compliance.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the ability to shape the role and have a meaningful impact on the entire organization. The role will involve:
- Provide advisory support to staff and management in Frankfurt
- Assist in the preparation of periodic compliance reports and filings
- Undertake compliance monitoring activities and escalating issues to management as necessary
- Support EU Compliance management of regulatory requests, including internal preparation for regulatory exams and investigations
- Support EU compliance with the preparation of internal board reports
- Support the DBRS compliance training program by creating and providing training to staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Min 3 year experience within a financial industry regulator or compliance department of a regulated financial services firm
- Experience interacting with employees at various levels of an organization.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective internal relationships
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical and investigative skills and sound judgment
- Experience in the implementation and monitoring adherence to corporate policies, procedures and other guidance documents
- Understanding of and/or professional experience with a credit rating business is also desired
We will also be looking for the individual to have the following skills;
- Highest ethical standards.
- Professional, flexible and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing business and regulatory environments.
- Ability to work effectively and supportively within a team.
- Ability to work independently in Frankfurt and as part of an EU and global compliance team