LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
VP of People & Culture, Germany (m/f/d)
We are the Global CleanTech100 company and European market leader in ultracapacitors and graphene-based energy-storage systems. Skeleton Technologies has grown from 4 people to close to 300 and has raised 200 million EUR financing to scale up manufacturing and execute the ambitious technology road map from high energy ultracapacitors to Superbatteries and beyond.
Skeleton Technologies is already successfully delivering products to leading customers ranging from Škoda, Danfoss, Medcom, and Wrightbus to leading German Automotives and European Space Agency. The company's current ultracapacitors have the highest power density in the market and the technology is mature, evidenced by strong customer contracts and the largest supercapacitor factory in Europe.
For our location near Dresden, we are looking for a
Vice President of People & Culture / Germany (m/f/d).
Your role is to lead the People & Culture in Germany:
- Understand our business and vision and own the HR strategy and HR plan for Germany;
- Have a forward-looking approach – translate future business needs and HR trends into long-term thinking and HR plan (increasing capability, not just solving problems) and OKRs;
- Drive change. Be a proactive partner to our leaders, making sure we reach our short and long-term goals;
- Be a culture leader. Continue building up high-performance organizations and teams (including interdisciplinary and cross-border teams). You're the employer brand owner and public face to the market;
- Contribute to Skeleton's growth by being a role model in leading and growing our HR & Office team of 6 and taking it to the next level, always implementing new and better ways of working;
- Be hands-on. Take responsibility for great employee experience and lean processes. Own and run HR/People programs by combining the latest People & Culture thinking to our opportunities and current challenges (including identifying root causes);
- Be a value-adding partner to our leaders by
- Supporting manager growth and being the main topic owner for leadership development in Germany
- Being a personal advisor and coach to help with people and leadership topics
- Be an owner for local People Ops, Labor relationships, Comp&Ben topics;
- Work in a true and close partnership with Jüri Saarma (Group Head of HR) in building one company and one company culture.
Main goals for the first 12 months:
- Continue building up a truly professional and scalable HR (&Office) team that matches the company's growth ambition and has a strong vision and expertise.
- Build up a winning German leadership team together with Dr. Linus Froböse (COO, Managing Director, Skeleton Technologies GmbH).
- Together with the local leadership team at our supercapacitor factory hit the targets and grow employee morale and engagement.
- Contribute to company growth in Germany, including establishing 2 new sites in the next 18 months.
- Continue building a modern and results-driven People & Culture team to be known for day-to-day effective operations, seamless employee experience, etc.
- To reach our vision and ambitious goals, drive a cultural shift of becoming even more results and more people-oriented.
- Be a proactive member of the global HR and Talent Acquisition Team, guaranteeing excellent unified employee experience and cross-border collaboration.
- Lead at least 1 strategic HR development project across Skeleton's group.
Why should you consider this opportunity?You will enjoy this role and the Skeleton journey, if you…
- …are after achievements and impact and want to build up to something.
- …want to drive more change than is possible in your current role and company.
- …want an environment that is not too established and fixed and stable but has lots of room for impact and creativity.
- …are driven by a true challenge of building a successful global company.
You're not fully sure if this role is for you? No worries, reach out to Jüri Saarma (Group Head of HR, email@example.com, Tel. +372 51 30 663) for more information about the role, the company, and the journey ahead.
You will be the best fit for us:
- Driving change. You are self-driven, achievement-oriented, and hungry, really wanting to drive change, sell ideas, and make decisions.
- Having the vision and lots of ideas that are practical and based on broad personal experience and modern HR principles. Getting better is part of your regular work/lifestyle.
- Being true collaborator & people person. You like people and create strong collaborative relationships.
- Having good business acumen, you start working from the business goals, you're able to calculate the business case in the head or on the napkin. You use data in a decision-making and like dashboards and KPIs.
- Being hands-on in execution. You're a results-oriented leader who has good project management skills (goals, milestones, tasks), but you prefer to work in an agile and iterative manner.
- Being a true advisor and proactive partner to our leaders.
- Analytical mindset. In Skeleton you will drive change together with really smart people and you will be also challenged by really smart people.
- Reasonable mobility. During the 1st year the main site will be Dresden Area, travelling to other Germany sites (Bitterfeld, Berlin office, FutureFactory in Saxony) 1-2 times/month
- Broad experience in HR
- At least 3 years of experience in the HR leadership position with track record of leading change.
- Experience in leading the HR team (at least 5 people) and having HR leadership responsibility for min 150 employees.
- Experience in Engineering and/or tech (electrical, cleantech, chemical, semiconductor) manufacturing.
With us, you'll have a competitive salary, an inspiring environment, and a motivating opportunity for selffulfillment, as well as the opportunity to celebrate special moments with your family and friends! Your birthday is always
a day off.
We are building the technology and product of the future to save energy and slow down global warming. If you find that you share our values, jump on board, and work where your contribution really matters!
Our employees exercise a great deal of independence to execute their ideas with professional and motivated colleagues. If you like pushing boundaries and are excited to continue your professional development, we are
We are looking forward to receiving your Cover Letter and CV in English! To apply, please visit us www.skeletontech.com/careers or apply directly here. For further information about Skeleton Technologies, our mission, and our values, please visit us at www.skeletontech.com