Clariant is a leading global supplier of high-performance catalysts for use in the chemicals, plastics, oil and gas industries. We offer an extensive portfolio of more than 250 catalysts, including petrochemical and fuel refining catalysts, synthesis gas catalysts, chemical catalysts, and emission control catalysts, as well as zeolites materials for a variety of applications.
We are looking for a customer-focused Manager Trade Media Manager with the ability to successfully create and target our messages to key stakeholders in the chemical industry globally. The position is to be based in either Muttenz, Switzerland or Munich, Germany.
- Planning and realizing global on- and offline trade media strategies for the market-leading products and services of the Business Unit Catalysts.
- Developing, and successfully executing, trade media campaigns and the related content and proactively place Clariant’s key topics (e.g. innovation, technological advances) in the media
- Timely and accurate handling of media inquiries
- Write and edit media releases, reactive statements and Q&As
- Research background information and prepare briefing materials, presentations etc.
- Create engaging and impactful content for social media in line with the business strategy and messaging
- Planning and execution of various trade media events
- Ensuring that our trade media strategy stays above the curve by monitoring and reporting our own activities and trends relevant for the industry
- Recommending and implementing new content, digital tools, social media and new trends and channels
- Managing our agency partners and ensuring effective relationships with journalists
- Aligning with international internal and external stakeholders
- University degree in science, economics, or PR/Communications
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in journalism or communications in an international environment
- Trade media experience in the chemical, energy, or technology manufacturing industry an advantage
- Ability to translate business strategy into communications and media plans
- Strong experience in content creation, content marketing and the digital communication field
- Hands-on experience with web analytics, content management systems, online ads, and social media
- Outgoing personality with strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills on all levels
- A team player - demonstrated success collaborating across departments and mobilizing content contributors and cross-functional teams around long-term projects and efforts
- Excellent project management skills, managing international matrix teams and agencies
- Fluent written and spoken English, German an advantage
- We ensure a highly interesting, versatile and challenging work environment
- You will have outstanding influence on daily activities and tasks, with full responsibility for projects assigned
- We offer an attractive and performance-based remuneration and provide the benefits of a modern global company
- We will support your development needs with tailored, individual trainings
Clariant is a focused, sustainable and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 4.4 billion in sales for its continuing businesses, harnessing the talents of its 14 000 employees across 50+ countries. Clariant’s portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus in three business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis and Natural Resources.
We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing an inspiring environment for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal.
Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.