COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST GERMANY, CENTRAL & EASTERN EUROPE AND THE NORDICS (M/F/D)
Berlin, Land Berlin
Job ID: 00000262238
Date posted: 08/03/2021
Location: Berlin, Land Berlin
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Germany is seeking to hire a Communications Specialist for Germany, Central & Eastern Europe and the Nordics. The position will be located in Berlin, Germany, and will directly report to Boeing’s Head of Communications.
The hired candidate will work closely with the regional teams – mostly in Germany, Poland and Switzerland.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for the aviation, aerospace and defense industry and will be globally minded. The candidate will have the ability to work independently and in a matrix environment, and will enjoy working in a small committed team in a global company.
- Implement internal communications plan with employees based in the region to develop stronger employee engagement and cohesion.
- Create Social & Digital campaigns, in direct support of local business objectives and engagements as well as Boeing’s local thought leadership strategy.
- Support local commercial, defense and services business objectives.
- Position Boeing as a valuable corporate citizen in the wider region, an environmentally responsible company with strong ethical standards.
- Partner with various Boeing organizations to implement the Boeing brand strategy, driving and leveraging greater brand equity in the region.
- Deliver recommendations to local Government Affairs team about future events, based on ongoing policy initiatives and societal trends.
- Coordinate with Boeing Communications and other internal stakeholder teams in the US and internationally to ensure strategic business alignment.
- Main focus areas: Internal Communications; Social & Digital Media, including Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram; Support of local business priorities, including commercial and defense; Event organization, coordination and execution; Market intelligence; Strategic Planning
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Native speaker of one of the countries covered, with excellent German and English speaking and writing skills.
- 3+ years of experience in communications with industry corporations, national or European associations, or other relevant players.
Preferred Qualifications (Skills, Experience):
- Excellent judgment, high ethical standards, adaptability and flexibility.
- Creativity and pro-activity. Hands-on tactical approach with a strategic vision.
- Project Management experience in partnership with internal and external business partners.
- Solid track record in operating in a multi-faceted business environment --- including environment and sustainability, trans-Atlantic relations, defense and commercial business operations and regulatory affairs.
- Strong experience working with a broad spectrum of relevant stakeholders, not only media.
- International experience and strong intercultural understanding.
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Tech-savvy, including good presentation skills and Social & Digital Media.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in Germany. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN GERMANY. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Experience Level:
Individual ContributorContingent Upon Program Award:
No, this position is not contingent upon program awardSchedule:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.