Springer Nature is one of the world's leading global research, educational and professional publishers. lt is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, Journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to leam and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has more than 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Human Resources at Springer Nature contributes as a strategic partner with business specific, regional and specialist HR expertise to the success of the company in every aspects of the organization. To achieve this, the global HR team provides leadership and guidance, effective and efficient HR structures, policies and processes. We strive for full business partnership to management whilst always retaining a focus on our people, ensuring a strong employer offering.
This role is a unique opportunity for a passionate and dedicated HR professional to work at the heart of a truly global and committed HR leadership team. Working in close relation to the CHRO and the senior team in all strategic and operational aspects will enable you to bring your personality and know-how in and to significantly leverage your competencies in all aspects of international HR. This is why the role is also designated to develop in seniority and scope towards further HR Management opportunities within Springer Nature.
- Hands-on support in all aspects of the CHRO's daily agenda
- Support the senior HR team in many aspects of their work
- Project management of and participation in global HR projects
- Orchestrate and track requests and initiatives at group level
- Prepare management presentations and papers for Senior Management including the Management Board
- Act as sounding board and sparring partner for challenges and future strategic plans
- Take on step-by-step operational tasks allocated on global level
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Comprehensive experience in strategic and operational HR within a global organization
- Both high social and analytical skills combined with an ability to execute autonomously
- Strong professional verbal and written English skills, ability to communicate and negotiate in Gernan
- Relevant Master Degree with strong analytical expertise
(e.g. Business, Economy, Law but given required skill level also Maths or IT)
- Experience and profound knowledge in all aspects of HR work incl. labor law
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Considerable experience in close interaction with Management and Supervisory Boards
- Consulting background
- IT, workflow, process design expertise or affinity
- Work experience in more than one country
- Experience in national and pan-national co-determination aspects